1. Homebuyers Should Hire an Inspector
2. Homebuyers are urged to conduct an inspection even if the home comes with a warranty. They should also ensure that their inspector has plenty of experience and abides by the membership requirements of the American Society of Home Inspectors or other trade groups.
3. Home Warranties Warrant Close Attention
4. Warranties can help make homebuyers more confident about the quality of their new dwellings.
5. Flaunt Your Home's Curb Appeal
6. When selling your home, curb appeal is essential, because it can create a first impression of your home.
7. Too Much Insurance is Better Than Not Enough
8. Research shows that 64 percent of the nation's homes were about 27 percent underinsured in 2003. But owners can ensure that they have adequate coverage by updating their policies to account for changes in replacement value.